Monday, January 4, 2010

January resolutions (and one busy day)

While reading my sister-in-law's blog, it occured to me that it is January and she convicted me to make some resolutions of my own. However, I can't do ten of them at a time. SO I decided that I would have 2 per month for the whole year. So for January, I am going to go to the gym at least 3 times per week and also keep track of where all of my money is going. (By the way, I am going to continue these good habits, God willing, and add 2 more good habits in February. In case I was unclear.) Daniel is helping me with both. He wrote out a workout plan for me and put up a spreadsheet on the QWERTY for me to have a place to document what I spend.

Unfortunately, I did not get to the gym this morning, as I had planned to. Monday is grocery shopping day, and I also needed to go to the post office and hit the Class VI store. So I said to myself, "Listen, tubby, you are just going to have to suck it up and go to the gym on Thursday or Saturday." Going to the gym means putting the girls in the gym day care for an hour or so. Which reminded me that Lillian still needed her 'day care' check-up. I called the appointment line to see if I could get one. Lady on the phone said, "Can you bring her in at 1030?" And we were off!

To the post office to mail a package to our friend Cliff! To hit the VI before the doctor's appointment! And whilst checking in at the doctor's office, I get a phone call. It's my wonderful hubby. He has locked himself out of his truck, and am I on post, and do I have his spare truck keys, and could I possibly get them out to him as soon as possible? The answer to all those questions was "yes". After the last time The Man locked his keys in his truck, it's just easier for me to have the spare with me at all times.

So after the doctor's appointment, I sped over to The Man to get him into his truck. Then it was off to the commissary for some grocery shopping. We didn't even get home until after noon. Poor girls were exhausted.

Improvements: Get to the gym, tubby!
Use more coupons.
Go to the post office on a different day.

Sustainments: Continue to carry a spare truck key at all times.
Keep writing down where I spend money, and how much is spent.

1 comment: